Nickelback always days "radio friendly" and then you get on their album, and they rock out.. great band
One is Light On by the American Idol winner David Cook. Song is written by Chris Cornell and it fits Cook's voice very well and is a pretty good song. I like it, have listened to it several times already. He definitely doesn't disappoint with his voice.
The next one is one that will disappoint a lot of the people on this board, the new song by Nickelback. It will disappoint a lot of the haters because it may be the most radio friendly song that they have had. I keep expecting them to blow up their sound or overkill it, but the new song Gotta Be Somebody is extremely catchy and will no doubt be played to death.
Oh yeah one another note, their new cd is being produced by Mutt Lange. I haven't heard of him doing anything outside of his, I guess now former wife, in a long time, so the fact that the song is catchy, at least to me, shows he still has the ear he had.
I know that a lot of people on here don't like the mainstream sound, and there is some that I dont like, and a lot of non-mainstream that I do like, but I can also appreciate a radio-friendly sound.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Nickelback always days "radio friendly" and then you get on their album, and they rock out.. great band
Animals is my favorite song by them...it rocks pretty good
Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban
Yeah the new one is very radio friendly but it's a pretty good song overall. Nickelback has a lot of good songs but my fave would probably be Figured You Out.
Nickelback is like spam...packaged and processed for mass consumption...and gets old quickly
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nickelback is like spam...packaged and processed for mass consumption...and gets old quickly</div></div>
Greatness.
[I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]
Mutt Lange is the genius behind some of AC/DC. He gave Def Leppard their siguature 80's sound and has worked with Bryan Adams and countless others that he has worked magic with, for those who don't know.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
The only magic I've ever heard come from his production came from 79-86...since then he hasn't been worth a damn. 3 ACDC albums, a decent Cars album and 2 decent Def Leppard album...he tends to ride the main stream bandwagon and has never really produced an album that took an unknown into the spotlight on the first try. Ouside of the 6 albums mentioned above, he's mediocre at best.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Opinions are like arseholes [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
3 great Leppard albums he did, High N Dry, Pryomania and Hysteria. the Bryan Admas album Waking Up The Neighbors could very easy be a Def Leppard album. The Romeo's Daughter was a good unknown album. Foreigner ? 4 was pretty big too.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Bookmarks